Feb 18, 2018
In the ECE part-time program, students graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education with endorsements in ESOL and Reading. The program requires 120 field experience hours per semester in PK-5 classrooms, which must be completed during the day, and 6-9 hours of coursework completed in the evenings. This program qualifies students for certification in PK-5.
Admission Requirements Include:
- Complete all UNG general admission requirements.
- Complete 60 semester hours of core curriculum credit (Area A – Area F) applicable to the ECE degree program.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Pass or exempt the GACE Program Entry Assesments.
- Complete Teacher Education Application.
- Transfer students applying from another institution for admission into this program will be required to submit a letter of recommendation from an education faculty member in the transferring institution.
Core Curriculum Requirements 60 hours
Refer to Semester Core Curriculum Areas A-E
Area A1: No exceptions
Area A2: No exceptions
Area B: No exceptions
Area C: No exceptions
Area D: No exceptions
Area E: No exceptions
Area F. Courses Appropriate to Major 18 hours
Major Requirements 62 Hours
Related Course Requirements - 12 Hours
Program Completion Requirements
- Successful completion of all courses required in the degree program (minimum 120 semester credits plus PE), including the lower division Associate Degree requirements.
- Successful completion of minimum 42 general education credits according to distribution established by UNG (Areas A-E) for Associate degree program.
- Successful completion of at least 60 credits of upper division coursework in the major (3000 and 4000 level) with grades of C or higher. 30 semester hours must be in residency at UNG.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) as required for program admission. Students whose cumulative GPA drops below 2.75 or who receive D’s in major courses will be placed on teacher education probation the next semester. If the problem is not corrected with the next semester of enrollment, the student’s admission to Teacher Education will be revoked.
- Successful completion of all field and clinical experiences.
- Successful completion of the U.S. and Georgia legislative requirements.
- Complete the GACE Content test for Early Childhood Education.
- Meet the Georgia Professional Standards Commission technology requirement.
- Maintain a professional disposition and adhere to the PSC Code of Ethics.
- Meet all other college graduation policies.
- PSYC 1101 in AREA E.
- MATH 2400 or MATH 2400H in AREA D.
- Choose one of the following as an AREA B elective: COMM 1502, CSCI 1502, DVRS 1502, SVLN 1501 or 1502, MFLA 1502 or any 1002 Modern Language course.
- HIST 2111 or HIST 2111H or HIST 2112 or HIST 2112H and GEOG 1101 in AREA E.
- EDUC 2110 - Grade of C or higher in ENGL 1101 and 1102, minimum 2.5 GPA and minimum 15 credit hours.
- EDUC 2120 - Grade of C or higher in EDUC 2110.
- EDUC 2130 - Grade of C or higher in EDUC 2110; PSYC 1101 is strongly recommended.
- ISCI 2001 and 2002 - Completion of AREA A Math course.