Nov 13, 2019
Admission to Teacher Education Program Required.
Please note: a minimum grade of “C” is required for all ENGL courses in this degree program.
Core Curriculum (Areas A-E) - 42 hours
Refer to Core Curriculum (Areas A-E)
Area A1: No exceptions
Area A2: No exceptions
Area B: No exceptions
Area C: No exceptions
Area D: No exceptions
Area E: No exceptions
Area F: English Major with Teaching Certification - 18 hours
- ENGL 2050 - Standard English Grammar *
- ENGL 2230 - Intermediate Composition *
- ENGL 2100-level literature survey or ENGL 2200-level creative writing course*
* Requires a grade of “B” or higher
- ENGL 2111 - World Literature I
- ENGL 2112 - World Literature II
Modern Language Requirement (6 hours):
- Choose a two course modern language sequence of 2001 and 2002 (6 semester hours) in French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Arabic, Korean, Russian, Japanese, Latin, or Italian.
- Alternative for Modern Language Minors: Instead of FL 2002, one of the following may be taken: Any 1000- or 2000-level class in another language or any ENGL 2100-level literature survey.
Courses Required for English Majors with Teaching Certification - 30 hours
- Two 2100 level literature surveys not taken in Areas C or F. Students must take at least one World Literature (ENGL 2111 or ENGL 2112) and one British Literature (ENGL 2121 or ENGL 2122)
- One course selected from ENGL 34– or 44–
- One course selected from ENGL 36– or 46–
- ENGL 3000- or 4000-level literature